Innovative Memory Care Programming at Cypress Cove
The Cottage at Cypress Cove provides engagement opportunities and innovative approaches to Memory Care Assisted Living in a comfortable, secure, home-like environment.
From our seasonal farmers markets in our tropical outdoor garden, to our morning meditation and wellness programs, to our festive family nights, our ever-changing calendar events is based upon our current resident’s unique preferences and interests.
In addition, The Cottage features a weekly happy hour with live musical entertainment, interactive cooking demonstrations by our chefs, music, art, and pet therapy, along with relaxing chats by our custom-built fireplaces in our four exquisite living rooms.
While other communities design their care plans and activities around preconceived conventions in Memory Care, our programming is designed around our current residents and changes on an ongoing basis. Our unique “My Life” resident profile was created to offer us with a window into our resident’s world and to provide them with exceptional care in a world-class environment.
Wellness at The Cottage
- Daily wellness programs, including Tai Chi, Laughter Yoga, Zumba, free weights, resistance bands, purposeful breathing techniques, dynamic movement and stretching to improve balance, strength, range of motion, and fall prevention.
- Cognitive exercises, including storytelling, word games, reminiscing, trivia, puzzles, card games, dominoes, and learning of a new game once a month.
- Creative pursuits developed around resident interests including: gardening club, walking group, herb garden, cooking group, tea tasting, social groups, golfing, and corn hole.
- Monthly outings to local restaurants, parks, and relaxing golf cart rides around our campus.
- Monthly social events, including weekly “happy hours” with live musical entertainment where our residents cater the event by helping choose the refreshments and dishes served; music & movement classes, piano music, dance groups, and socials designed around holidays and special events.
- State-of-the-art tools, including It’s Never Too Late (IN2L) program designed for Alzheimer’s and Dementia; iPad, iPod, and interactive animals designed to promote positive interaction.
- Snoezelen Room designed to reduce agitation, anxiety, and to neutralize a overstimulated environment for residents.
- Seasonal special events like farmer’s markets, family nights, and intergenerational programming.
- Montessori-type programming, including purposeful activities, like folding laundry, helping staff clean up after meal times, sorting activities, and memory boxes equipped with tasks for residents to engage in for continued stimulation towards a finished product.
- Pet therapy provided weekly with trained therapy dog.
- Art therapy provided every two weeks.
- Music therapy provided weekly.
AL License #AL9630