Innovative Memory Care Programming at Cypress Cove
The Cottage at Cypress Cove provides engagement opportunities and innovative approaches to Memory Care in a comfortable, secure, homelike environment. From our seasonal farmers' markets in our tropical outdoor garden, to our morning meditation and wellness programs, to our festive family nights, our ever-changing calendar events is based on our current residents' unique preferences and interests.
The Cottage features a weekly happy hour with live music, interactive cooking demonstrations by our chefs, music, art, and pet therapy, along with relaxing chats by our custom-built fireplaces in our four exquisite living rooms.
Wellness at The Cottage
- Daily wellness programs, including Tai Chi, laughter yoga, Zumba, free weights, resistance bands, purposeful breathing techniques, dynamic movement and stretching to improve balance, strength, range of motion, and fall prevention
- Cognitive exercises, including storytelling, word games, reminiscing, trivia, puzzles, card games, dominoes, and learning of a new game once a month
- Creative pursuits developed around resident interests, including gardening club, walking group, herb garden, cooking group, tea tasting, social groups, golfing, and corn hole
- Monthly outings to local restaurants and parks and relaxing golf cart rides around our campus
- Monthly social events, including weekly happy hours with live music, music & movement classes, dance groups, and holiday socials
- State-of-the-art tools, including It’s Never Too Late (IN2L) program designed for Alzheimer’s and dementia; iPad, iPod, and interactive animals designed to promote positive interaction
- Snoezelen Room designed to reduce agitation, anxiety
- Seasonal special events like farmers’ markets, family nights, and intergenerational programming
- Montessori-type programming, including purposeful activities, like folding laundry, helping staff clean up after meal times, sorting activities, and memory boxes
- Pet therapy provided weekly with a trained therapy dog
- Art therapy provided every two weeks
- Music therapy provided weekly
Learn more about The Cottage at Cypress Cove.
Let's Start the Conversation
AL License #AL9630