What is Person-Centered Living at Cypress Cove?
Person-centered living is a care delivery approach and philosophy that places individual preference and choice at the forefront. You may also hear it called person-directed care. Regardless of what you call it, the person living in the Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care Assisted Living, or Skilled Nursing community comes first – and the uniqueness of that person is respected and honored.
Here are just a few examples of person-centered living:
- We honor our residents’ preferred meal times, menu selections, and sleep routines.
- Our residents are surrounded by team members who take their time and patiently assist with their daily care requirements.
- We provide flexible and customized care plans designed around each resident’s preferred schedule.
- Our environments are specifically designed to feel homey and not clinical.
- We provide customized programming designed for our individual residents’ likes and interests.
- For those with dementia or living in Memory Care, we support technology that provides comfort and relieves anxiety.
Making choices about your own life, being listened to and heard, and being recognized as someone who needs connection are basic human rights. Person-centered values include:
- Purposeful living
Person-centered living is an important organizational value at Cypress Cove and is integrated into every aspect of living. Our emphasis on person-centered living fosters a culture that focuses on:
- Autonomy, dignity, and individual choice of residents
- Relationships among residents and staff, families, and support systems
- Understanding what services residents want, how the services should be delivered, and how residents can be more engaged in the community
- Residents’ ownership of lifestyle and routines in their home
Learn more about The Cottage at Cypress Cove.
Let's Start the Conversation
AL License #AL9630