Tour Cypress Cove
The best way to see how beautiful senior living can be is to come visit.
State-of-the-Art Rehabilitation at The Mead Therapy Center
At Cypress Cove’s Mead Therapy Center, you’ll find one of the most respected rehabilitation teams in Southwest Florida. The 3,500-square-foot center has been progressively designed to combine state-of-the-art technologies with advanced therapies. All of this is in an environment that’s inviting and comfortable, because we understand the more things feel like home, the happier and healthier you will be.
The Mead Therapy Center provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. These services are available to seniors from the greater Fort Myers area – not just our Cypress Cove residents.
Our focus is always on enabling residents and clients to return home or progress to another level of care at Cypress Cove as efficiently and effectively as possible.
The Mead Therapy Center’s Offerings
Cypress Cove has partnered with the highly dedicated staff of Aegis Therapies to create care plans in cooperation with referring physicians. These programs include:
- Acute care rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Physical therapy for orthopedic & stroke rehabilitation
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
The Latest Technology and Approach to Rehab
The Mead Therapy Center offers the most advanced rehab program in the Fort Myers region, with dedicated treatment rooms for real-world rehabilitation exercises and the latest technology in rehabilitative care.
Dedicated Treatment Rooms
- Speech therapy room
- Training kitchen – the only training kitchen for rehab in the region
- Training laundry
- Unique training bathroom with walk-in shower/tub and drop-down handrails
Advanced Rehab Technology
- High-tech HUR® strength training equipment featuring SmartCard technology, allowing automatic adjustment of arm, seat, and program level to specific patient’s needs
- Individualized, computer-based exercise regimens, based on patient performance analysis and progress
- Specialized equipment to improve balance and stability, such as the Korebalance™ training system, which features virtual and interactive technology, as well as electronically-enabled parallel bars to advance flexibility, strength, and fall prevention
- Weight therapy
- Diathermy, the use of electrically induced heat or the use of high-frequency electromagnetic currents
- HydraTherm™ therapy, using moist heat
- E-stimulation therapy, using electrical stimulation