We know that dining in Ft Myers Independent Living Communities like Cypress Cove is very important to our residents and future residents. We have a team of experienced chefs that work hard to source local, seasonal, and organic foods when they are available. They also go out of their way to make sure you have the flexibility you need to fit your schedule. You can dine in or take out at your convenience.
However, there are many reasons to dine in. Our crowd favorite is the panoramic lake views at Captain Cove or the elegant lakeside dining in the Dolphin Room. We also offer a Very Happy Hour daily, so you have the perfect opportunity to connect with neighbors and enjoy your favorite cocktail, beer, or glass of wine.
Not only is it a 5-Star Dining experience but we pay attention to the quality and the type of foods we are serving at our Ft Myers Independent Living Community. It is important that each of your meals are not only delicious but nutritious.
Did you know that nutrition needs change over time? With each new age bracket, comes specific nutritional needs to aid physical and mental function. We put together a list of the essential nutrients for seniors in a Ft Myers Independent Living Community.
- Vitamin B12
- Calcium, Vitamin D, and Magnesium
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
How does each of those items impact senior’s health? Let us walk through each nutrient listed above.
- Fiber is essential for digestion and heart health.
- Protein helps your muscles strengthen. Due to the rate of muscle mass decrease with age, seniors require the same amount of protein as young adults.
- Vitamin B12 has an impact on your blood and central nervous system. It is common for seniors to be deficient in B12. A decrease in B12 can cause numbness in extremities, fatigue, balance issues, and even memory loss.
- Calcium, Vitamin D, and Magnesium are the 3 nutrients you need to maintain strong bones. Why not just calcium? Vitamin D helps your body absorb the calcium you consume, and magnesium helps escort it through your bloodstream.
- Potassium is a mineral that is very important for cellular function across the body. It can help with strong muscles and blood pressure.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids are famous for helping your heart, but they also assist with brain health in a few ways.
Often times when we are left to shop, cook, and prepare meals on our own we do not take into account all of our body’s nutritional needs. We are simply shopping for what sounds good or is easy to prepare. That is why here at Cypress Cove, a beautiful Ft Myers Independent Living Community, we take all the hassle out of dining. We source the best ingredients, we plan for your nutritional needs, we cook, we serve, and we do the dishes. What more could you ask for when it comes to 5-Star Dining?